Assessment matters – original assessment for original student work (31 March 2011)
- Date: 31 Mar 2011
- Start Time: 10:00 am
- Location/venue: The Higher Education Academy, York, UK, YO10 5BR
This seminar in March 2011 continued to explore innovation and good practice in assessment strategies and design that can help to minimise the possibilities of student plagiarism, collusion and data fabrication by building on the previously successful Assessment SIG event on ‘Re-visiting assessment design: developing students’ skills for good academic practice’ in July 2010.
The seminar was led by Dr Erica Morris who manages the work of the Higher Education Academy’s Academic Integrity Service.
The following will be spoke at the seminar:
- Ranald Macdonald, Emeritus Professor of Academic Development, Sheffield Hallam University
- Patrick Baughan, Learning Development Centre, City University London
- Sharon Flynn, Centre for Excellence in Learning and Teaching, National University of Ireland, Galway
- Penelope Bidgood, Faculty of Computing, Information Systems & Mathematics, Kingston University London
- Chris Ireland and John English, The Business School, University of Huddersfield