HEA/SEDA Conference: Open Horizons: Sharing the future
- Date: 20 Jul 2012
- Start Time: 09:30 am
- Location/venue: Aston Conference Centre, Birmingham, UK
The Higher Education Academy and SEDA are holding a one-day conference on 20 July at Aston Conference Centre, Birmingham.
Open Horizons: Sharing the future
Following three years of funding from the Higher Education Academy and JISC, a wide range of programmes and projects have explored the creation, development, use and reuse of open educational resources. Globally, the open resources movement is changing polices and the development needs of staff and students alike. This timely conference will explore answers to the question: Where next for open practice and staff development? It will feature contributions from funded projects and new directions in thinking on this exciting and challenging area of developing academic practice.
This event will bring together a broad range of people interested in using and developing open educational resources to enhance accredited CPD courses and inform policy, practice and institutional strategies, including senior management with strategic learning and teaching roles, educational developers and lecturers.
Possible topics include (but are not limited to):
- The importance of openness and sharing in the development of HE staff
- The accessibility of OER for CPD provision
- Case studies on OER use in CPD provision
- Open Materials for Accredited Provision
- OER repositories
- Barriers to OER
- Changing or challenging policies to enhance CPD provision
- The future use of OER for Staff Development
There is no charge to attend the conference, but a place must be reserved.
Places are available on a first-come, first-served basis.