Enhancing the Quality of Student Blended Learning through Integrative Formative Assessment Methods
- Date: 10 Jul 2012
- Start Time: 12:00 pm
- Location/venue: University of Huddersfield Business School, Queensgate, Huddersfield, HD1 3DH
This event is being hosted as part of the Higher Education Academy's Workshop and Seminar Series 2012.
Time: 12:00 - 16:30
The primary aim will be to demonstrate a range of innovative formative assessment methods. Specifically the workshop will cover:
- quizzes for multi-choice questions and responses;
- podcasts and videos for sample essay type responses and proposal writing;
- Wikis for essay type answers;
- blogs for reflective learning, that are linked to suitable academic, internet,industry and government sources;
- opportunities for students to self-assess individual progress in different test scenarios from the creation of e-learning tools by tutors.
The workshop provides a forum for sharing and exploring strategies with delegates for embedding best practices in facilitated learning.
There is no charge to attend the seminar, but a place must be reserved. To register, please email:
Ms Parveen Yunis (Workshop Administrator). Places for participants will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.