Changing the Learning Landscape - An introduction to the UK Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF) and advice about applying
- Date: 31 May 2013
- Start Time: 02:00 pm
- Location/venue: Virtual event
An introduction to the UK Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF) and advice about applying.
Richard Brawn, Academic Lead, Consultancy and Accreditation, Higher Education Academy
The UK Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF) allows those involved in teaching and supporting learning in HE to demonstrate that professional standards are being met. The UKPSF provides a general description of the main dimensions of the roles of teaching and supporting learning within the HE environment. It is written from the perspective of the practitioner and outlines a national Framework for comprehensively recognising and benchmarking teaching and learning support roles within Higher Education.
The framework has been designed to cover all aspects of teaching and learning support. If you have a substantive role in the education of students or staff, it will be relevant to your situation.
Depending on your specific role you can use it to:
• Become an Associate Fellow, Fellow, Senior Fellow or Principal Fellow of the HEA.
• Plan and guide your CPD in the area of teaching and learning.
• If you are involved in the training and development of teaching and/or learning support staff, you can use the framework to design and structure your development programmes.
• You can also make use of the accreditation service provided by the HEA.
• If you have a senior managerial role, you can use the framework to help you to enhance the quality and prominence of the teaching and learning activities within your remit.
At the Changing the Landscape (CLL) CPD workshops, much interest was shown by academics into the UKPSF and this webinar has arisen at the request of participants at the workshop. The webinar offers an opportunity to hear from Richard Brawn at the HEA and to ask questions. Although the webinar has been produced primarily for participants at the CLL workshops, it is open to others too.
Richard Brawn is Deputy Head of the Teacher Excellence Team at the Higher Education Academy. He has oversight of the Academy’s Accreditation and Recognition services. He was central to the development and publication of the revised UK Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF) in 2011, and organises and delivers national events designed to promote the use of the Framework. He is currently working with a growing number of UK and international institutions in their design of comprehensive staff development schemes in the area of teaching, learning and assessment.
For any questions, please contact Alex Fenlon firstname.lastname@example.org