Grade Point Average (GPA)
Building on work carried out in relation to the implementation of the Higher Education Achievement Report, as well as development work conducted by a small group of UK universities, the Higher Education Academy is leading and facilitating a national discussion on the concept of introducing a Grade Point Average (GPA) system into UK higher education.
The HEA is now establishing a pilot to test and implement a GPA system, informed by scoping work which has included representatives from universities, graduate employer organisations and the National Union of Students. The pilot aims to explore the rationale for, perspectives on, and issues relating to, adopting GPA in UK higher education.
Applying for the pilot
- Form A - acceptance form for institutions invited to join the pilot.
- Form B - Expression of Interest form for institutions interested in joining the GPA pilot.
Deadline (both forms):17:00, Monday 21 October 2013. Completed forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The HEA has held three information events about plans for the GPA project. These took place on:
- Wednesday 25 September, Cardiff University, Cardiff
- Wednesday 2 October, Royal Geographical Society, London
- Tuesday 8 October, Dovecot Studio, Edinburgh
For any enquiries, please contact email@example.com