Postgraduate Research Experience Survey (PRES)
PRES lets postgraduate researchers give feedback about learning and supervision to inform improvements. Each institution’s results are confidential, but participating institutions are able to benchmark their results.
PRES 2013 took place in 122 institutions and the UK results are available here. The next sector-wide survey will take place in spring 2015.
Key Benefits of PRES
- Evidence from across the sector that PRES informs enhancements to the experience of postgraduate researchers.
- Use of a robustly tested instrument that has been designed in conjunction with the higher education sector.
- As a sector-wide survey (48,401 postgraduates from 122 institutions participated in 2013), PRES is a unique opportunity to benchmark your PGR provision.
- Each institution’s results are confidential and the focus of the survey is on enhancement rather than league tables.
- Institutions can add their own questions to the survey allowing it to be tailored to local needs.
- HEA support for delivery, analysis and use of the survey for enhancement.
- Included as part of your HEA subscription with no further charge from the HEA (Institutions must have a valid Bristol Online Surveys licence including survey access control).
The survey is also available for a fee to other higher education providers.