Become a Principal Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
The Academy’s Professional Recognition Scheme offers individuals the opportunity to gain recognition as Principal Fellow of The Higher Education Academy. This is appropriate if you have an academic role with substantial strategic commitment in Higher Education.
Principal Fellowship is appropriate for you if in institutional, national and/or international settings you can demonstrate:
- A sustained and effective record of impact at strategic level;
- A wider commitment to academic practice and strategic leadership in teaching and enhancing the student learning experience.
To apply you will need to be able to demonstrate that you meet the criteria of Descriptor 4 (D4) of the UK Professional Standards Framework for teaching and supporting learning in higher education.
Examples of staff likely to be at Descriptor 4 (D4) include:
- Highly experienced and/or senior staff with wide-ranging academic or academic-related strategic leadership responsibilities in connection with key aspects of teaching and supporting learning
- Staff responsible for institutional strategic leadership and policymaking in the area of teaching and learning
- Staff who have strategic impact and influence in relation to teaching and learning that extends beyond their own institution
This list is not exhaustive so please check the D4 criteria to see if this is the right category of Fellowship for you.