Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES)
PTES lets postgraduate taught students give feedback about their experience of learning and teaching to inform improvements. Each institution’s results are confidential, but participating institutions are able to benchmark their results.
PTES 2014 will run in a flexible window between 3 February and 16 June. The survey has undergone a significant redesign for 2014 bringing it right up-to-date, to find out more then please click here. To register your institution's interest in taking part, please email the team at: email@example.com
- Inform enhancements to the experience of postgraduate students.
- Use of a robustly tested instrument that has been designed in conjunction with the higher education sector.
- 113,319 postgraduates from 104 institutions have participated in the last two years (58,679 students from 89 institutions participated in 2013)
- As a sector-wide survey, PTES is a unique opportunity to benchmark your PGT provision against aggregated results for the sector as a whole and benchmarking groups
- Each institution’s results are confidential and the focus of the survey is on enhancement rather than league tables
- Institutions can add their own questions to the survey allowing it to be tailored to local needs
- The survey window is flexible – institutions can schedule their survey to maximise convenience, response rates and meaningful responses
- HEA support for delivery, analysis and use of the survey for enhancement
- Included as part of your HEA subscription with no further charge from the HEA, PTES offers great value for money as a way of evaluating the experiences of your entire PGT cohort (Institutions must have a valid Bristol Online Surveys licence including survey access control).
The survey is also available for a fee to other higher education providers, including those outside the UK