Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES)
PTES 2013 is taking place in 90 institutions in 2013. If you're a taught postgraduate in a participating institution, your institution will give you a link to use to enter the survey. Survey dates vary between institutions, with the last institutions closing on 17 June.
PTES is a unique service provided by the Higher Education Academy to all higher education providers. The survey collects feedback from postgraduate taught students in a systematic and user-friendly way. Results are anonymous, allowing comparison against the sector and within benchmarking clubs, while ensuring that they are used for internal enhancement.
- Key Benefits of PTES
- Using PTES for Enhancement
- Further Information and Contact
- Resources for Institutions to use in running PTES
- Institutions that are Participating in PTES 2013
- As a sector-wide survey (54,640 postgraduates from 83 institutions participated in 2012), PTES is a unique opportunity to benchmark your PGT provision against aggregated results for the sector as a whole and benchmarking groups
- Each institution’s results are confidential and the focus of the survey is on enhancement rather than league tables
- Institutions can add their own questions to the survey allowing it to be tailored to local needs
- The survey window is flexible – institutions can schedule their survey to maximise convenience, response rates and meaningful responses
- The HEA provides extensive support for the administration of the survey and advice on analysing and using the results to make positive changes
- Included as part of your HEA subscription with no further charge from the HEA, PTES offers great value for money as a way of evaluating the experiences of your entire PGT cohort (Institutions must have a valid Bristol Online Surveys licence including survey access control).
- The survey is also available for a fee to other higher education providers, including those outside the UK
The data collected by PTES are designed to inform enhancements to the student learning experience. In addition to delivering the PTES (and PRES) surveys to the sector, the Higher Education Academy also runs events on using student surveys (both undergraduate and postgraduate) for enhancement. Our flagship event is the annual Surveys for Enhancement Conference. Information about the 2013 conference can be found at:
Presentations from 2012 conference can be found at:
- Postgraduate Surveys FAQs
- Resources for Institutions
- PTES 2012 Report
- Institutions that Participated in PTES 2012
+44 (0)1904 717500