Associates: application forms
The Academy's Professional Recognition Scheme offers individuals the opportunity to gain recognition as an Associate of the Higher Education Academy.
This is likely to be appropriate if you:
- support students in practice based settings (eg. clinical or social work), or in work based learning, or
- provide significant support to student learning eg. learning technologists and learning support staff, or
- are in the very early stages of teaching eg. graduate teaching assistants.
Associate status is closely aligned to Standard Descriptor 1 (SD1) of the UK Professional Standards Framework for teaching and supporting learning in higher education (UK PSF).
You can gain recognition by
- completing Academy-accredited professional development provision (DOC, 243KB), or
- on the basis of your experience in teaching and learning.
Please note that new application forms were issued in January 2010, and we are unable to accept earlier versions.