Fellows: application forms
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
The Academy's Professional Recognition Scheme offers individuals the opportunity to gain recognition as a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. This is appropriate if you have an academic role with a substantial teaching commitment in higher education.
Fellow status is closely aligned to Standard Descriptor 2 (SD2) of the UK Professional Standards Framework for teaching and supporting learning in higher education (UK PSF).
Fellows form a substantial group of professionals in higher education, and benefit from a number of opportunities;
- Helping to inform policy: Fellows helped to inform the Academy's input to a report requested by John Denham, the Secretary of State, on the future of teaching and the student experience.
- Contributing to and benefiting from the discpline based work at the Subject Centres.
- Acting as Academy Reviewers for funding bids and award applications
You can gain recognition by:
- completing Academy-accredited professional development provision (DOC, 243KB) or
- on the basis of your experience in teaching and learning
Please note that new application forms were issued in January 2010, and we are unable to accept earlier versions.