The HEA Board comprises 12 directors and trustees – senior strategic managers drawn from across and beyond the higher education sector. Appointments are made by UUK and GuildHE; the funding bodies and in consultation with the National Union of Students (NUS). The Board also appoints six members from outside HE for their professional or technical expertise.
Minutes of Board Meetings:
- Minutes of Board Meetings
- Board Meeting Minutes November 2015
- Board Meeting Minutes July 2015
- Board Meeting Minutes April 2015
- Board Meeting Minutes November 2014
Annual Reports and Financial Statements
HEA Annual Reports and Financial Statements are released annually detailing HEA activities throughout the year and an overview of the HEA's financial position.
The HEA’s charitable objective is to promote higher education for the public benefit by:
- providing strategic advice and co-ordination to the higher education sector, government, funding bodies and others on policies and practices that will impact upon and enhance the student experience;
- supporting and advancing curriculum and pedagogic development across the whole spectrum of higher education activity; and
- facilitating the professional development and increasing the professional standing of all staff in higher education.