The Higher Education Academy (HEA) is the national body which champions teaching excellence. We work with governments, ministries, universities and individual academics in the UK, and around the globe. We provide value to the HE sector by focusing on the contribution of teaching as part of the wider student learning experience.
The HEA champions teaching excellence in higher education across the globe to improve student outcomes.
We focus entirely on improving approaches to teaching, and individual teaching practice, to help improve the student journey into, through and beyond higher education.
We help to raise the profile of teaching so that staff are recognised for their work and are motivated to keep developing their knowledge and careers.
We are an independent, not-for-profit, charitable and non-regulatory organisation working for, and on behalf of, the whole sector.
- Progressive – We recognise that improvement is continuous. We are curious, restless, committed pursuers of positive change
- Agile – We are focused, intuitive and flexible in our service
- Collaborative – We work in partnership to achieve shared goals
- Trusted – We are relentless in our drive to generate trust through our credibility, knowledge and expertise.
The HEA’s charitable objective is to promote higher education for the public benefit by:
- providing strategic advice and co-ordination to the higher education sector, government, funding bodies and others on policies and practices that will impact upon and enhance the student experience
- supporting and advancing curriculum and pedagogic development across the whole spectrum of higher education activity
- facilitating the professional development and increasing the professional standing of all staff in higher education.
Information about the HEA Board and Executive Team, annual reports and financial statements and policies.
WORK WITH US
Find out about the latest opportunities to join our organisation.
Read the latest news stories from the Higher Education Academy
Our newly-expanded blog brings together the HE learning and teaching community to debate and share innovation.
STRATEGIC EXCELLENCE INITIATIVE FOR VICE CHANCELLORS AND PRINCIPALS
A prestigious scheme aimed at senior leaders to focus attention on corporate level responsibilities in learning and teaching; to identify and share innovative practice; and to recognise and promote the strategic leadership of excellence more broadly.
QUALITY ADVISORY BOARD
The Advisory Board is dedicated to promoting the quality of Higher Education Academy review processes, protecting relevant standards and awards, and continuous improvement.
A GLOBAL OUTLOOK
The Higher Education Academy works with governments, universities and other higher education providers across the world to help and achieve change in learning and teaching.