The judging process
All eligible applications will be assessed on the extent to which they meet the following domains of excellence and criteria:
Excellence in the leadership of teaching and learning
- A leadership, strategy and culture which actively promotes and values excellence in teaching and learning.
- A global outlook, in which interconnections are made within and across local, regional, national and international boundaries.
Excellence in teaching
- Teaching stimulates, challenges and stretches students and develops students as independent learners and critical thinkers.
- Teaching promotes active student engagement.
Excellence in student support
- Students are supported to achieve their educational and professional goals, in particular progression to employment and/or further study.
- Students have wider (extra-curricular) opportunities to help them make the most of everything that higher education has to offer.
Frequently asked questions
For all you need to know about entering and details of the judging process.The Global Teaching Excellence Award (GTEA) is open to any provider of higher education across the world, whether privately or publicly funded. Higher education includes the provision of degree courses, postgraduate courses or sub-degree courses which contribute to the award of a degree.