From 1 February 2018, eligibility for HEA Fellowship was widened to include three groups of HE practitioners that teach and/or support learning on the following types of programmes in the UK:
- Foundation Year programmes;
- Pre-sessional English courses for international degree students designed to develop academic skills;
- Professional CPD programmes that are designed to develop and extend existing graduate/postgraduate level skills, knowledge and understanding, e.g. GP training, etc.
From 1 September 2018, eligibility for HEA Fellowship in Australia and New Zealand was also widened to include these three groups of HE practitioners working within an Australasian context and also practitioners working:
- In partnership with communities (where the development uses structured frameworks informed by a scholarly evidence-base);
- In industry supporting Higher Education students on placements, internships or in Work-Integrated-Learning activities.