Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter of this prize draw is The Higher Education Academy (the “HEA”), a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales with company number 043931031 and registered as a charity in England and Wales under charity number 1101607 and in Scotland under charity number SC043946. The registered office of The Higher Education Academy is Innovation Way, York Science Park, Heslington, York, YO10 5BR (the “Promoter”).
2. This prize draw is open to all students who are in receipt of a Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR), either as an interim document whilst studying or a final document on graduation, from a Higher Education Institution in the United Kingdom (UK). Eligible students should be aged at least 18 years of age. This prize draw excludes employees of the HEA, their families, agents or any third party connected with this prize draw.
3. Entry to the prize draw is free and eligible students can enter the prize draw by correctly completing and submitting the HEA HEAR Impact Survey 2016 (“the Survey”), and providing a valid e-mail address upon completion and submission of the Survey.
4. To qualify, entries to the prize draw are to be received by no later than midnight (GMT) on 1st August 2016. Entries received after this time on this date will not be accepted as entries into the prize draw. Only one entry per person is permitted
5. By entering this prize draw, entrants are deemed to have accepted and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The HEA reserves the right to refuse entry, or to refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions. Copies of these terms and conditions are available at https://www.heacademy.ac.uk/workstreams-research/themes/assessment-and-feedback/higher-education-achievement-report-hear until 03 August 2016.
6. There is an opportunity to win one Apple IPAD Air.
7. Any entry that is incorrect, incomplete, altered or not submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions may be disqualified at the absolute discretion of the HEA. No responsibility is accepted for entries lost or delayed in submission for any reason. Proof of dispatch / submission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
8. The prize is non-exchangeable and non-transferable. There is no cash alternative to the prize however; the HEA reserves the right to offer an alternative prize, of greater or equal value, if circumstances make it necessary to do so.
9. The winner of the prize will be drawn at random by an independent person from the HEA on Tuesday 02 August 2016 from the eligible entries received.
10. The winner will be notified by midnight (GMT) on Wednesday 03 August 2016 via email from the HEA. The prize is awarded conditionally on acceptance by return e-mail and if the winner does not respond to the HEA’s notification e-mail within 10 working days, the prize shall be deemed 1 unclaimed or unaccepted and the HEA will be entitled to select another winner of the Prize by performing a second draw, with the existing eligible entries received.
11. The decision of the HEA regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and biding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
13. The winner may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and the educational institution they attend in any media.
15. The HEA reserves the right to hold void, alter, amend, suspend or cancel the prize draw without prior notice at any time.
16. The HEA reserves the right to review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice. By continuing to take part in the prize draw subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms and conditions.
17. To the fullest extent permitted by the law, the HEA and anyone else connected with this prize draw exclude all responsibility for and liability arising from the entrants taking part in the prize draw or participating in any prize accepted and all activities are undertaken at the entrant’s own risk.
18. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
19. These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. 2