Key guides and publications
Future Fit Framework
The HEA’s Future Fit Framework, published in 2012, is primarily for academics, policy makers and senior managers, whilst support staff who want to know more about ESD will also find it helpful. Useful resources and pedagogic research can be found below that can help higher education professionals to embed sustainable development perspectives and content into their institution and / or curricula.
Education for Sustainable Development Tutor Resource and Activity Series
We also have an ESD tutor resource and student activity series, that is designed to help you incorporate ESD into your teaching practice. These tools were created by Professor Simon Kemp who is an expert in ESD and was named Most Innovative Teacher of the Year at the 2013 Times Higher Education Awards.
Has your school, faculty or institution identified this as a key strategic priority?
The HEA, through it's four step process: conceptualising; planning and preparation; implementation, delivery and monitoring, and; completion and closure; can help you to:
- Identify areas of strength and areas for improvement
- Deliver solutions-based change aimed at tackling your issues
- Review the success of any initiatives against KPIs and global frameworks
Guidance and teaching resources
- The Future Fit Framework
- Sustainable Development Toolkit: Tutor Resource and Student Activity Series
- Education for sustainable development and global citizenship: Evaluating and auditing ESDGC in teacher education
- Introducing Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) into teaching within different physical science disciplines
- Education for sustainable development and holistic curriculum change
HEA Knowledge HUB
Explore our extensive range of resources to improve teaching and enhance learning. Pinpoint exactly what you want by using our range of specialist filters.
Upcoming ESD events
Debate key issues, share best practice, inspire change
We are committed to working with you to address your challenges and strategic priorities. Our events are designed so you can, explore these priorities, build on your existing knowledge, share your expertise, boost your professional networks, develop a range of practical solutions and stay ahead of the curve.