The Higher Education Academy Community of Practice in Employability provides a shared domain for those practitioners with a desire to enhance employability within Higher Education. By enabling the sharing of innovative, flexible and dynamic practices and pedagogies this forum will facilitate a collaborative knowledge exchange and enhancement for practice through:
- Thought platforms
- Discussion forums
- Expert reference groups
HEA framework for embedding employability
A shared point of reference for the sector
Our framework for embedding employability in HE is an integral part of the HEA frameWORKS series. Developed with the sector for the sector, the series covers key thematic priorities that impact upon the quality of teaching and learning in HE. HEA frameWORKS provide a shared point of reference and common language to shape and review policy, process and practice in order to enhance student success.
“The Higher Education Academy frameworks are evidence-based and provide the higher education sector with a national reference point to enable the institution to develop its own approach according to local circumstances as well as benchmarking performance.” Universities UK (2016), p.73, Working in partnership: enabling social mobility.
Recent HEA Research
- Employability: A review of the literature 2012 to 2016
- Employability skills through Project Based Learning
- Towards a competency framework for student work-based learning
- Review of good practice in employability and enterprise development
- HEA Employability Summit Report
- Professional capabilities in non-vocational subject disciplines
- Dance map - the employability journey
- Developing an employability skills portal
- HEA Student Employability Consultant project
Guidance and teaching resources
- Embedding employability in HE tools
- Academic Advising for Employability Toolkit
- Creative Attributes Framework
- Enhancing employability through enterprise education
- Pedagogy for employability
- Student Employability Profiles
- Psychology Student Employability Guide
- Measuring the impact of Pedagogy for Employability on employability policy and practice in higher education institutes
HEA Knowledge HUB
Explore our extensive range of resources to improve teaching and enhance learning. Pinpoint exactly what you want by using our range of specialist filters.
EMPLOYABILITY EXPERT PANEL
The Expert group act as a critical friend to the Higher Education Academy for our work in employability. The group meet bi-annually and support activities such as the HEA Employability Summits. The group contribute their time and expertise freely to support our work’.
Upcoming employability events
Debate key issues, share best practice, inspire change
We are committed to working with you to address your challenges and strategic priorities. Our events are designed so you can, explore these priorities, build on your existing knowledge, share your expertise, boost your professional networks, develop a range of practical solutions and stay ahead of the curve.