Community of Practice
Share, exchange and develop practice
The Higher Education Academy Flexible Learning Community of Practice serves to connect it’s members who share a concern and a passion for developing and embedding flexible modes of teaching and learning to innovative best practices and thinking from across the disciplines and sector. Facilitated through a dynamic and collaborative process of knowledge exchange and enhancement in the form of discussion forums, webinars, as well as a face-to-face meetings and events, the Flexible Learning Community of Practice offers an exciting opportunity to actively shape contemporary practice and thinking in what is a decisive domain for HE.
HEA framework for flexible learning in higher education
Our framework for flexible learning in higher education is an integral part of the HEA frameWORKS series. Developed with the sector for the sector, the series covers key thematic priorities that impact upon the quality of teaching and learning in HE. HEA frameWORKS provide a shared point of reference and common language to shape and review policy, process and practice in order to enhance student success.
“The Higher Education Academy frameworks are evidence-based and provide the higher education sector with a national reference point to enable the institution to develop its own approach according to local circumstances as well as benchmarking performance.” Universities UK (2016), p.73, Working in partnership: enabling social mobility.
Has your school, faculty or institution identified this as a key strategic priority?
The HEA, through it's four step process: conceptualising; planning and preparation; implementation, delivery and monitoring, and; completion and closure; can help you to:
- Identify areas of strength and areas for improvement
- Deliver solutions-based change aimed at tackling your issues
- Review the success of any initiatives against KPIs and global frameworks
Key HEA Research
- The pedagogy of the Massive Open Online Course (MOOC): the UK view
- Flexible pedagogies: technology-enhanced learning
- Getting animated about flexible learning
- Exploring and extending flexibility - a reflective framework
- Flexible pedagogies: new pedagogical ideas
- Flexible pedagogies: preparing for the future
- Effective practice in the design of directed independent learning opportunities
- Engaged learning in MOOCs: a study using the UK Engagement Survey
- Student-researched case studies of flexible learning to support flexible learners
- Mapping student-led peer learning in the UK
- Liberating learning: experiences of MOOCs
- 'Shoe-horned and side-lined'?: Challenges for part-time learners in the new HE landscape
- Student champions: A competency framework and process model
- Promoting equality of opportunity through flexible learning
HEA Knowledge HUB
Explore our extensive range of resources to improve teaching and enhance learning. Pinpoint exactly what you want by using our range of specialist filters.