HEA framework for internationalising higher education
Our framework for internationalising higher education is an integral part of the HEA frameWORKS series. Developed with the sector for the sector, the series covers key thematic priorities that impact upon the quality of teaching and learning in HE. HEA frameWORKS provide a shared point of reference and common language to shape and review policy, process and practice in order to enhance student success.
“The Higher Education Academy frameworks are evidence-based and provide the higher education sector with a national reference point to enable the institution to develop its own approach according to local circumstances as well as benchmarking performance.” Universities UK (2016), p.73, Working in partnership: enabling social mobility.
Has your school, faculty or institution identified this as a key strategic priority?
The HEA, through it's four step process: conceptualising; planning and preparation; implementation, delivery and monitoring, and; completion and closure; can help you to:
- Identify areas of strength and areas for improvement
- Deliver solutions-based change aimed at tackling your issues
- Review the success of any initiatives against KPIs and global frameworks
Key HEA Research
- Internationalising the curriculum: a developmental resource for initiating transformational change
- Understanding unintentional plagiarism and international students' approaches to academic reading
- Enhancing student learning and teacher development in transnational education
- Going mobile: Internationalisation, mobility and the European higher education area
Guidance and teaching resources
- Internationalising higher education tools
- Internationalising the social work curriculum
- International Student Lifecycle
- Engaging home and international students: a guide for new lecturers
- Ten tips for teaching international students
- The Teaching International Students Project
- Transnational education and employability development
HEA Knowledge HUB
Explore our extensive range of resources to improve teaching and enhance learning. Pinpoint exactly what you want by using our range of specialist filters.
Upcoming internationalisation events
Debate key issues, share best practice, inspire change
We are committed to working with you to address your challenges and strategic priorities. Our events are designed so you can, explore these priorities, build on your existing knowledge, share your expertise, boost your professional networks, develop a range of practical solutions and stay ahead of the curve.