Useful guides and publications
Our Flexible Pedagogies: preparing for the future research series includes a publication that focuses on a better understanding of technology enhanced learning, including highlighting some of the challenges and opportunities that TEL brings to HE.
In the UK, the HEA is currently coordinating the London Retention Project aimed at achieving a deeper understanding of the retention issues in the London context and providing support and networking opportunities to address common challenges.
Has your school, faculty or institution identified this as a key strategic priority?
The HEA, through it's four step process: conceptualising; planning and preparation; implementation, delivery and monitoring, and; completion and closure; can help you to:
- Identify areas of strength and areas for improvement
- Deliver solutions-based change aimed at tackling your issues
- Review the success of any initiatives against KPIs and global frameworks
Key HEA Research
- Flexible pedagogies: technology-enhanced learning
- Learning as social practice online: how can meaningful dialogue be nurtured online in the spirit of learning as social practice?
- Technology, pedagogy and promotion
- Assistive Technologies and Advantageous Themes for Collaboration, Learning and Teaching within 3D Virtual Learning Environments
Guidance and teaching resources
- How to start using technology in your teaching
- Technology Enhanced Employability and Employee Learning: A Staff Guide
- Using technology to help students engage with their feedback: A ten minute guide for senior managers
- Enhancing small group teaching and learning using online student response systems
HEA Knowledge HUB
Explore our extensive range of resources to improve teaching and enhance learning. Pinpoint exactly what you want by using our range of specialist filters.
Upcoming TEL events
Debate key issues, share best practice, inspire change
We are committed to working with you to address your challenges and strategic priorities. Our events are designed so you can, explore these priorities, build on your existing knowledge, share your expertise, boost your professional networks, develop a range of practical solutions and stay ahead of the curve.