This toolkit complements the strategic direction set out in The Higher Education Academy’s (HEA) Framework for embedding employability in higher education and offers tools for reflection and planning to help you embed the framework into policy and practice. Through this toolkit you can:
- Explore pedagogic research, teaching resources and case studies to inform your practice, including ideas and tips for getting started
- Hear from colleagues in the sector through audio-visual material and HEA blog posts
Are you looking for resources relating to embedding employability within the context of your subject area? This toolkit also collates HEA resources through the lens of the discipline clusters:
The HEA believes that employability should be embedded in the culture of learning and teaching and requires attention to multiple areas of focus including:
- specialist, technical and transferable skills
- knowledge and application
- behaviours, qualities and values
- enterprise and entrepreneurship
- career guidance and management
- self, social and cultural awareness
- reflection and articulation
- confidence, resilience and adaptability
- experience and networks
- attributes and capabilities.
Embedding employability is a process, and should engage a wide range of stakeholders.
The HEA offers a completely flexible and bespoke consultancy service across a range of areas, including embedding employability in HE, as well as the other strategic priorities addressed through the HEA's framework series.