This toolkit complements the strategic direction set out in The Higher Education Academy’s (HEA) Framework for internationalising higher education and offers tools for reflection and planning to help you embed the framework into policy and practice. Through this toolkit you can:
- Explore pedagogic research, teaching resources and case studies to inform your practice, including ideas and tips for getting started
- Hear from colleagues in the sector, for example through audio-visual material and HEA blog posts
Are you looking for resources relating to internationalising higher education within the context of your subject area? This toolkit also collates HEA resources through the lens of the discipline clusters:
The HEA promote a high quality, equitable and global learning experience for all students, ultimately helping prepare graduates to live in and contribute responsibly to a globally interconnected society. Internationalising HE depends on enhancement of the following areas of focus:
- global academic community: international knowledge generation, exchange, networking, partnerships and collaboration;
- global learning experience: outward, inward and virtual mobility, cultural immersion, language acquisition, international interactions and/or perspectives;
- global intercultural engagement: empathy, sociability and sensitivity to all forms of diversity and the plurality of language.
- global social responsibility: commitment to addressing global issues and inequalities, as well as their impact on cultures and wider society.
The HEA offers a completely flexible and bespoke consultancy service across a range of areas, including internationalising HE, as well as the other strategic priorities addressed through the HEA's framework series.