Why undertake an impact evaluation?
The impact evaluations are invaluable for measuring progress in whichever area that you wish to focus on. Whether you want to review the success of a particular initiative or are interested in how your practice aligns to global frameworks, undertaking an impact evaluation can help you achieve your goals.
- An overview of the scale of implementation at institution, faculty, department, programme and/or individual level
- Evidence to build a case for excellence in learning and teaching
- A benchmark from which to evidence progress and plan for the future
- A dialogical tool to prompt reflection, debate and discussion of key issues
- A self (or peer) assessment tool to promote staff engagement
- The means to identify areas for future consideration.
“The Higher Education Academy frameworks are evidence-based and provide the higher education sector with a national reference point to enable the institution to develop its own approach according to local circumstances as well as benchmarking performance.”
(Working in Partnership: Enabling Social Mobility in Higher Education, Universities UK, October 2016)
How it works
Through working with the HEA you will be taken through a three stage process:
Stage 1 - Planning
We help you to structure your impact evaluation to enable you to review the priorities addressed. This includes:
- Confirming the context
- Identifying key theme(s)
- Agreeing audiences and timings
- Selecting demographic questions
- Deciding on any additional bespoke features.
Stage 2 - Delivery
We will ensure the smooth and effective running of the impact evaluation
- Arranging a start-up meeting
- Coordinating the launch of the audit
- Online survey tool that is easy and quick to deliver
- Providing ongoing monitoring and reporting on response rates.
Stage 3 - Insights
We analyse the data and give you an overview of the scale of impact of your identified priority area(s).
- Conduct analysis and provide an overview report
- Arrange a feedback meeting
- Identify options for follow-up activity
Enhancing HE Through Strategic Change and Innovation
End to end support to tackle your major institutional challenges
A bespoke programme built around a school, faculty or institution aimed at giving end-to-end support on your strategic priorities. This programme uses a collaborative four-step process: conceptualising; planning and preparation; implementation, delivery and monitoring, and; completion and closure. The programme can address a number of themes linked to student success including:
- student retention and attainment;
- assessment and feedback;
- student engagement;
- flexible learning.