Why undertake a student success audit?
The audits are invaluable for reviewing progress in key areas that underpin teaching excellence. By undertaking an audit as part of a wider review you will gain an understanding of how your current practice aligns to the frameworks. This provides the ideal platform for future enhancement activity. By undertaking an audit and review you will gain:
- A more detailed view of the key factors that underpin each strategic priority area
- An overview of how your practice aligns with these research informed frameworks
- A benchmark to evidence progress and plans for the future
- A self (or peer) assessment tool to promote staff engagement
- A dialogical tool to prompt reflection and debate of key issues
- Evidence to build a case for excellence in learning and teaching
"Thank you so much for such an excellent, clear and helpful report. This is going to be incredibly helpful: it adds weight to our suspicions in some cases, highlights areas of particularly good and bad in practice in others, and gives us clear actionable advice. I’m confident that we can use this to achieve a number of improvements to the teaching."
Dr Stuart Bell, Assistant Director (Educational Operations) - The Institute of Cancer Research
How it works
Through working with the HEA you will be taken through a three stage process:
Stage 1 - Planning
We will work with you to create an outline project plan. This includes:
Identifying the key thematic priorities
Confirming the context (e.g. department, faculty or institution)
Agreeing audiences and timings
Selecting demographic questions
Stage 2 - Delivery
We will support the smooth and effective running of the audit
Arranging a start-up meeting to ensure the content and scope of the audit is understood and agreed
Coordinating the launch of the audit
Online survey tool that is easy and quick to deliver
Providing ongoing monitoring and reporting on response rates.
Stage 3 - Insights
- Conducting analysis and providing an overview report
- Arranging a feedback meeting
- Making recommendations for future development.
Enhancing HE Through Strategic Change and Innovation
End to end support to tackle your major institutional challenges
This is a bespoke programme built around school, faculty or institutional teaching and learning priorities. This programme uses a collaborative four-step process: conceptualising; planning and preparation; implementation, delivery and monitoring, and; completion and closure. The programme can address a number of themes linked to student success including:
- student retention and attainment;
- assessment and feedback;
- student engagement;
- flexible learning.