Why undertake a student success audit?
The audits are invaluable for measuring progress in whichever area that you wish to focus on. Whether you want to review the success of a particular initiative or are interested in how your practice aligns to global frameworks, undertaking an audit can help you achieve your goals. By undertaking an order you will get:
- An overview of the scale of implementation of your key priorities
- A benchmark to evidence progress and plan for the future
- A self (or peer) assessment tool to promote staff engagement
- A dialogical tool to prompt reflection and debate of key issues
- Evidence to build a case for excellence in learning and teaching.
"Thank you so much for such an excellent, clear and helpful report. This is going to be incredibly helpful: it adds weight to our suspicions in some cases, highlights areas of particularly good and bad in practice in others, and gives us clear actionable advice. I’m confident that we can use this to achieve a number of improvements to the teaching."
Dr Stuart Bell, Assistant Director (Educational Operations) - The Institute of Cancer Research
How it works
Through working with the HEA you will be taken through a three stage process:
Stage 1 - Planning
We help you to structure your audit to enable your priorities to be addressed. This includes:
- Confirming the context
- Identifying key theme(s)
- Agreeing audiences and timings
- Selecting demographic questions
- Deciding on any additional bespoke features.
Stage 2 - Delivery
We will ensure the smooth and effective running of the audit
- Arranging a start-up meeting
- Coordinating the launch of the audit
- Online survey tool that is easy and quick to deliver
- Providing ongoing monitoring and reporting on response rates.
Stage 3 - Insights
We analyse the data and give you an overview of the scale of implementation of your identified priority area(s).
- Conduct analysis and provide an overview report
- Arrange a feedback meeting
- Identify options for follow-up activity.
Advancing HE Through Strategic Change and Innovation
End to end support to tackle your major institutional challenges
This is a bespoke programme built around school, faculty or institutional teaching and learning priorities. This programme uses a collaborative four-step process: conceptualising; planning and preparation; implementation, delivery and monitoring, and; completion and closure. The programme can address a number of themes linked to student success including:
- student retention and attainment;
- assessment and feedback;
- student engagement;
- flexible learning.