STRATEGIC PARTNER SUBSCRIPTION PACKAGE OVERVIEW
- Accreditation of institutional CPD programmes
- Support in preparing for accreditation and re-accreditation
- 50% discount of direct Fellowship applications for individual members of staff
- Access to HEA facilitated networks, communities of practice and expert groups
- Strategic Partner with Surveys package gives a reduced price for all three HEA surveys
- Access to resources and 10 years of quality-reviewed evidence on ‘what works’ in teaching
- Free webinars about latest research and policy
- Free access to the regular Virtual Reading Group
- Access to dedicated Partnership Managers and Academic Leads operating locally, nationally and internationally
- Discounts on training, events, products and services
- Access to bespoke sector reports and guidance eg. TEF, Horizon Scanning
- Access to areas of the HEA’s Virtual Learning Environment
- Use of the HEA Strategic Partner logo on signage and marketing materials
PARTNERSHIP WORKING – connecting you to HEA services and networks
Your HEA Partnership Manager will understand your strategic goals and advise where the HEA can work with you to help achieve them.
Demonstrates a personal and institutional commitment to professionalism in teaching and learning in higher education.
There are currently 306 HEA Accredited Programmes and 129 HEA Accredited CPD Schemes in the UK (March 2017).
- Accreditation aligned with the national standard gives ongoing endorsement of institutional staff development programmes
- A comprehensive programme of support to help subscribers through the accreditation process, including guidance provided through face-to-face and online networks
- 50% discount on all fees related to direct Fellowship applications for individual members of staff
- Ongoing development and maintenance of the Professional Standards Framework which provides the foundation for HEA Fellowship
- Supporting the professional development of staff through HEA Fellowship can demonstrate an institution’s commitment to enhancing teaching and learning
EXPERT GROUPS, NETWORKS AND COMMUNITIES OF PRACTICE – bringing together expertise from across the sector to develop and support practice, showcase and drive innovation and address sector challenges through collaboration
The HEA’s Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) provides an online forum that allows practitioners to engage in communities of practice and networks across the world. For example:
- Flexible Learning Community of Practice
- Assessment and Feedback Expert Group and Community of Practice
- Employability and Enterprise Expert Group and Community of Practice
- Access, Retention, Attainment and Progression Community of Practice
There are also many face-to-face networks, including:
- The PVC Network and its strategic working groups eg. TEF, Learning Gain and External Examining
- Discipline Specific Deans’ Networks
- Regional Principal Fellowship Networks
KNOWLEDGE BASE AND RESEARCH RESOURCES – from publications to frameworks and toolkits
- Reports and current thinking from networks and communities on key strategic issues including assessment and feedback, employability, retention and attainment
- Access to 10 years of quality-reviewed evidence on ‘what works’ in teaching
- Access to resources including frameworks to assist institutional strategic change and toolkits to support individual practitioners
- A horizon-scanning report that covers the challenges and opportunities associated with teaching in higher education
DISCOUNTS ON EVENTS, TRAINING AND CONSULTANCY – whatever the discipline area or development need, the HEA can support your staff
- Up to 40% discount on conferences, events and development programmes (see course/event for details)
- 10% discount on bespoke consultancy ranging from subject-level support to institutional-wide change programmes
- Discount on national and international collaborative projects to find solutions to complex challenges
STRATEGIC PARTNER WITH SURVEYS PACKAGE
DISCOUNTED SURVEYS – access to the HEA’s national student surveys providing unique benchmarked insights
Strategic with Surveys subscribers enjoy a discount on all three of the HEA surveys: UKES, PTES and PRES.
The surveys are designed to allow institutions to engage all students annually to track the impact of their teaching strategies.
All participants receive detailed benchmarking reports from the HEA, as well as access to an interactive reporting portal and surveys support network.
- HEA’s UK Engagement Survey (UKES) is the only undergraduate survey in the UK to focus exclusively on student engagement and skills development. The survey includes access to the NSS question set.
- HEA’s Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES) has eight years of benchmarking data. It captures comparative feedback across teaching, learning and other aspects of courses, informing enhancements to the postgraduate experience.
- HEA’s Postgraduate Research Experience Survey (PRES) has eight years of benchmarking data. It captures postgraduate research student feedback on learning experience, supervision, wellbeing and research environment, to inform enhancement of the postgraduate student experience.