HEA student surveys are important tools for understanding how students experience their higher education courses, such as how engaged they feel by the teaching and how supported they are in their learning and development.
By participating in Higher Education Academy Student Surveys, you will:
- Better understand your students and how you can further enhance their experience and engagement
- See where you can make improvements at subject, department or institution level
- Receive essential subject-level feedback so you can increase programme appeal
- Identify what you can do to help reduce student drop-out rates
- Discover how you compare with your global peers and competitors with our sophisticated benchmarking
- Understand and consolidate your areas of strength and address weaknesses
- Gain insight to help you address strategic priorities such as employability, assessment and feedback, staff development and improving your overall ratings
- Have the opportunity to choose additional customised benchmark reports, selecting variables and dimensions that matter most to you
We can help you turn survey data into positive action
The more engaged a student is in their learning and the better their experience of learning and teaching, the more likely they are to prosper in their studies. Our Surveys Team has a wealth of experience in working with HE providers to understand and enhance student engagement and the student learning experience.
This includes experience in collecting, understanding and using feedback from undergraduate and postgraduate students; designing and implementing student surveys; and analysing and using the results to inform enhancements.
In addition to helping institutions get the most out of our own surveys, we also support institutions, faculties, departments and national bodies to interpret and use data from other surveys, including the National Student Survey (NSS).
The Higher Education Academy Student Surveys
We deliver four surveys that drive improvement in student learning.
All have been developed in consultation with the sector and benefit from high response rates amongst institutions and their students. They are robustly tested and we ensure they remain fit for purpose and maintain their relevance through consultation with our Surveys Advisory Group.
UNITED KINGDOM ENGAGEMENT SURVEY (UKES)
UKES is the only undergraduate survey in the UK to focus on student engagement, providing vital information which can be used to enhance learning and teaching.
POSTGRADUATE TAUGHT EXPERIENCE SURVEY (PTES)
PTES is the only nationwide postgraduate student survey enabling you to gain full insight into the entire study cycle of the taught postgraduate, from motivations and pre-enrolment course information all the way through to student perceptions of their dissertation or major project.
POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH EXPERIENCE SURVEY (PRES)
PRES is designed for postgraduate research students and enables you to gain deep insight into their experience of supervision, the research environment and their development as a researcher.
HEPI-HEA STUDENT ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE SURVEY (SAES)
Provides valuable insight into the nature of how full-time undergraduates rate their time in higher education and their attitudes towards relevant policy issues.
We are ideally placed to help enhance student success in your institution.
- We are HE sector specialists with more than ten years of sector experience and evidence-based practice;
- We are uniquely and singularly focused on teaching in HE;
- We are a not-for-profit organisation reinvesting in, and benefiting the sector;
- We have global reach, delivering consultancy and training worldwide;
- We have an experienced team of in-house specialists and access to an extensive network of highly skilled Associates and worldwide partners;
- We pride ourselves on collaborating effectively across the whole sector - listening to specific needs and providing practical solutions.
The Higher Education Academy Surveys Team run and support a range of events.
Providing the opportunity for the sector to debate the key issues, share best practice and inspire change.