Drawing together extensive UK and international scholarship and research to propose a new conceptual model for exploring the variety of understandings of students as partners in learning and teaching, this publication:
- examines the motivations and rationales for staff and students engaging in partnership;
- offers a pedagogical case for partnership;
- identifies examples of strategic and sustainable practices of engaging students as partners in learning and teaching;
- outlines how the development of partnership learning communities may guide and sustain practice in this area;
- identifies tensions and challenges to partnership;
- offers suggestions to individuals and institutions for addressing challenges and future work.