Professor Simon Kemp is an expert in education for sustainable development (ESD) and he was named Most Innovative Teacher of the Year at the 2013 Times Higher Education Awards. ESD is an inter-disciplinary approach to learning that covers the integrated social, economic and environmental dimensions of the formal and informal curriculum. Our ESD starter tool is a useful way of learning more about the origins of this topic.
- Debating the ethical, human health, economic and environmental dimensions of animal testing for the benefit of humans
- Fashion for the Planet? The sustainability consequences of clothing material and supply chain decisions
- Identifying the hidden costs of the UK obesity crisis
- The human cost of climate change in the UK: flooding
- Are you Happy? Monitoring and measuring the health and wellbeing of people, planet and the economy
- Entomophagy: saving the planet one bug at a time
- Ten billion & counting: the pressures of the world in 2050
- How bitter is your cup of coffee?
Downloadable eBook containing all eight ESD infographics: