Monash University is the largest university in Australia, and amongst the most highly regarded in the world. In just 50 years, we have built a reputation for quality teaching and world-leading research. Our students leave with a greater sense of purpose, a global outlook, and the skills and confidence to make positive change in the world. Monash is a member of the Group of Eight universities and ranked the highest for employability in Australia as published by Times Higher Education 2016.
- Every student has an outstanding learning experience characterised by discovery, creativity and opportunity, and underpinned by quality.
- Courses offer diverse opportunities for students to build and articulate appropriate attributes, skills and knowledge.
- All teaching units are transformed to provide the most effective learning approach.
- Staff are supported in becoming highly effective educators through development of their skills in, and approaches to, learning and teaching.
- Faculties promote the culture of continuous challenge and improvement of all aspects of education design and delivery.
- Monash ensures an appropriate interplay of physical, digital and cultural space in supporting an enviable environment for learning.
“We wanted to showcase our work to a new global audience and also see how Monash compared on an international teaching scale. Monash is delighted to have been shortlisted and extends its gratitude to the HEA for establishing this much needed award.”
Associate Professor Angela Carbone, Director of Education Excellence