Become a Fellow of the HEA
If you’ve a proven, sustained track record in HE teaching and you’re seeking recognition for your development, and to progress into a senior position, an HEA Fellowship could add great value to your professional teaching experience.
You’re likely to be one of the following:
- an early-career academic
- in a subject-specific role with substantive teaching and learning responsibilities
- an experienced academic, relatively new to UK HE. You’ll be in a role with sometimes significant, teaching-only responsibilities; e.g. within work-based settings
Applicants may apply online by logging into MyAcademy. The application process consists of an Account of Professional Practice (APP), two supporting statements from referees and payment of a fee where applicable. If you are from a subscribing institution the cost for Fellow is £200. If you are from a non-subscribing institution or independent the cost is £400. The awards of SFHEA and PFHEA carry additional application requirements.
Our recognition events and writing retreats provide a structured environment in which to reflect and prepare your application.
- Measuring the impact of the UK Professional Standards Framework for Teaching and Supporting Learning (UKPSF)
- UKPSF Impact case study- University of Worcester
- UKPSF Impact case study- Warwickshire College
- UKPSF Impact case study- University of Ulster
- UKPSF Impact case study- University of Glamorgan
- A Marked Improvement: transforming assessment in higher education: Assessment review tool