Become a Principal Fellow of the HEA
If you have an established academic career with substantial strategic responsibilities in HE and you’re seeking to exert influence within the sector, an HEA Principal Fellowship could add great value to your professional teaching experience.
You’ll have a sustained, effective record of strategic impact at institutional, national or international level and be committed to wider strategic leadership in teaching. You might also be one, or both, of the following:
- a highly experienced member of senior staff with wide-ranging academic or strategic leadership responsibilities in connection with key aspects of teaching and supporting learning.
- responsible for institutional strategic leadership and policymaking in the area of teaching and learning, possibly extending beyond your own institution.
Applicants may apply online by logging into MyAcademy. The application process consists of an Account of Professional Practice (APP), three supporting statements from referees and payment of a fee where applicable. If you are from a subscribing institution the cost for Principal Fellow is £500. If you are from a non-subscribing institution or independent the cost is £1000.
Our recognition events and writing retreats provide a structured environment in which to reflect and prepare your application.
- UKPSF Impact case study- Warwickshire College
- Measuring the impact of the UK Professional Standards Framework for Teaching and Supporting Learning (UKPSF)
- UKPSF Impact case study- University of Worcester
- UKPSF Impact case study- University of Glamorgan
- UKPSF Impact case study- University of Ulster
- Professional recognition case study video: Robert Gordon University