UK Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF)
The UK Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF) is a comprehensive set of professional standards and guidelines for HE providers and leaders. A nationally-recognised framework for benchmarking success within HE teaching and learning support, it can be applied to personal development programmes at individual or institutional level to improve quality and recognise excellence.
The UKPSF clearly outlines the Dimensions of Professional Practice within HE teaching and learning support as:
- areas of activity undertaken by teachers and support staff
- core knowledge needed to carry out those activities at the appropriate level
- professional values that individuals performing these activities should exemplify
Depending on your role, you may find the UKPSF useful for:
- personal development planning for your field of teaching and learning
- applying to one of our HEA Fellowships in order to gain a tangible measure of your achievements
- using the framework to help enhance the quality and prominence of teaching and learning activities within your organisation.
The HEA also offers a professional development accreditation service. The full UKPSF can be found here. The Welsh version of the full UKPSF can be found here.
- Measuring the impact of the UK Professional Standards Framework for Teaching and Supporting Learning (UKPSF)
- UKPSF Impact case study- University of Worcester
- UKPSF Impact case study- Warwickshire College
- UKPSF Impact case study- University of Ulster
- UKPSF Impact case study- University of Glamorgan
- A Marked Improvement: transforming assessment in higher education: Assessment review tool