There are now 42 Principal Fellows (PFs) of the Higher Education Academy in Scotland.
With such an important role in leading quality learning and teaching in higher education in Scotland, we are delighted to invite all PFs to join us at the second HEA Scotland PF Network meeting kindly being hosted by Prof Catriona Bell at the University of Edinburgh.
This meeting will look to further discussions at the first meeting held in November at Robert Gordon University by Prof Lesley Diack.
In addition to sector and organisational development updates, and short talks on the work of some members in supporting others as PFs, we will explore the following key topics with a view to agreeing areas of activity for the forthcoming year:
- Supporting strategic and practice change within disciplines and institutions
- Mentoring and supporting others
- Influencing policy and strategic directions in Scottish HE
- Interests, challenges and aspirations shared between Principal Fellows
- The diversity of roles and profiles of Principal Fellows within departments, institutions and the sector.
- HEA Scotland support for and recognition of Principal Fellows
- Some agreed areas of focus and activity for the network for AY17/18
- Synergies and opportunities for PFs within HEA Scotland’s work plans for AY17/18
- Some agreement on the shape, structure and direction of the network.
Secure your place
Who should attend?
This network is intended to support Principal Fellows, primarily based at subscribing institutions in Scotland.
(Please contact email@example.com if you wish to discuss attendance further)
Who is delivering the programme?
The programme will be delivered by Principal Fellows of the Academy and facilitated by the HEA Scotland team.
Institute for Academic Development,