This one-day event is designed to provide support for scheme/programme leaders and institutional reviewers who are making fellowship judgements in accredited programmes and schemes. The event will focus on Principal Fellowship (Descriptor 4).
By partaking in this type of activity, delegates will have assurance that institutional judgements about HEA fellowship are being made in a comparable manner to those made by HEA Peer Review Panels and other institutions.
This event costs £100, and inlcudes attendence for up to two delegates from one institution.
- Consider the requirements of Descriptor 4 and discuss how these might best be evidenced in an application;
- Use anonymised direct applications for Principal Fellowship to faciliate discussion around the judgement process;
- Discuss challenges encountered in supporting/reviewing applications for Principal Fellowship;
- Share good practice and positive experiences with other delegates.
Secure your place
Who should attend?
This event is aimed both at institutions with accredited programmes which include Principal Fellowship and those involved in supporting direct applications for Principal Fellowship. Discussion with colleagues across other institutions will provide opportunity to identify good practice and to consider how others approach some of the challenges of rigour and consistency in internal decision-making.
Who is delivering the workshop?
The day will be delivered by HEA Accreditation and Fellowship team.
Benefits for the attendee
- By partaking in this type of activity, internal reviewers will have assurance that institutional judgements about HEA Principal Fellowship are being made in a comparable manner to those made by HEA Peer Review Panels and other institutions.
This event aims to provide support for scheme/programme leaders and institutional reviewers who are making Principal Fellowship judgements in accredited programmes and schemes which include Descriptor 4. The event is also useful for those supporting individuals who will apply directly to the HEA for Principal Fellowship. The HEA team will facilitate discussion around several anonymised written applications in order to promote a shared understanding of the nature of a successful claim which is informed by the wider sector and which demonstrates equivalence of expectation to direct application to the HEA.
City, University of London