We are pleased to announce the full agenda for Universities UK’s Innovation and excellence in teaching and learning conference, which is being held in partnership with the Higher Education Academy at Woburn House, London.
Innovation and excellence in teaching and learning is a national one-day conference to examine innovative teaching and learning practice, and what we really mean by 'teaching excellence'. Produced in partnership with the Higher Education Academy, this conference will bring together experts, policy influencers and innovators to examine how universities can shape their learning and teaching strategies to deliver excellent and innovative teaching and learning.
Through a variety of plenary, panel, breakout and discussion sessions, you will be able to:
- get up to date with innovative teaching and learning practices
- discuss what 'teaching excellence' means with experts, policy influencers and colleagues in the sector
- develop new ways to disseminate teaching excellence within your own institution
As we emerge from TEF 2 and consider learnings to take forward into TEF 3 and beyond, this conference will be an opportunity for all those involved in shaping teaching and learning strategy to take a step back and consider what excellence and innovation looks like at their own institution.
Supporting academic staff to take risks, training to bring staff up to speed with the latest technology and methods, and a coherent overarching teaching and learning strategy are vital to producing excellent teaching and learning. This conference will bring together innovators, policy experts and thought leaders to help you adapt your strategy, in the context of the current policy landscape.
This event has already taken place.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Professor Bob Cryan, Vice Chancellor, University of Huddersfield
- Professor Susan Rigby, Vice-Chancellor, Bath Spa University
- Pauline Hanesworth, Academic Lead, Equality and Diversity / TEF, Higher Education Academy
- Helen Beetham, Consultant, JISC Curriculum Design programme
- Professor Veronica Bamber, Director, Centre for Academic Practice, Queen Margaret University
- Ian Dunn, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Student Experience), Coventry University
- Ellie Russell, Student Engagement and Partnership Manager, The Student Enjoyment Partnership (TSEP)
- Sarah Davies, Head of Higher Education and Student Experience, Jisc
- Niall Sclater, Learning Analytics Consultant to Jisc
- Chris Hale, Director of Policy, Universities UK
20 Tavistock Square