The UK Professional Standards Framework for teaching and supporting learning (UKPSF) has now been in place since 2006 and underwent a substantial revision in 2011.
We are inviting institutions to send representatives who support colleagues to engage with the UKPSF and HEA Fellowships, be it through institutional schemes, taught programmes or on a one to one basis, to participate in one of a series of events in June where we will be asking for feedback on the use and impact of the UKPSF.
While we are not revising the current UKPSF, the outcome of the events will inform any refresh should this be required. For example, we know that some of the language used could be clearer, so this may be one area we look at refreshing following feedback from the events.
Invitations have been distributed through the following groups, who sit on the HEA Staff Transitions Advisory Group:
- Association for Learning Development in Higher Education;
- Association of National Teaching Fellows;
- Heads of Educational Development Group;
- Organisation Development in HE Network;
- Scottish Higher Education Developers;
- Staff and Educational Development Association;
- Staff Development Forum;
- Standing Conference on Academic Practice;
- Universities Human Resources.
The events are being held in Manchester, York and Edinburgh in the week commencing 15 June. They are an opportunity to share experiences and practice, and will use Open Space Technology; a highly participatory process that enables the attendees to set the agenda.
If you would like to comment on the UK Professional Standards Framework for teaching and supporting learning please email: Dr Sally Bradley, Academic Lead for Recognition, email@example.com.