The HEA supports a large network of national and international learning and teaching practitioners involved in academic disciplines. We provide advice, events, resources and numerous opportunities to network with learning and teaching colleagues in a variety of institutions and roles.
Through an international field of discipline specialists, we initiate, gather and disseminate good practice in learning, teaching and assessment. This enables us to stay in touch with what matters in learning and teaching from a unique focal point.
We aim to:
- organise wide-ranging continual professional development activities for learning and teaching in all disciplines
- disseminate good practice and innovation in learning and teaching for all disciplines
- provide information and resources relating to pedagogic research, as it relates to each discipline, and directly engage with pedagogical research activities
- maintain and develop contacts with professional bodies and other relevant national organisations to influence the development of policy and practice in education
Support at subject level is a key aspect of our work. We continually develop and deliver services to support those working in the four discipline clusters:
- Arts and Humanities
- Health and Social Care
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
- Social Sciences
Our services for the HE sector include:
- workshops and seminars
- support and guidance for staff new to teaching
- resources and networking opportunities